I am blessed to be in a family who are proof that love exists and when I see old couples in love, it bestows my faith in it a notch higher. Even all my besties have had love marriages (will talk about arranged marriage some other time) which makes me believe in love. They always stump me when I see them going that extra mile for their loved one and later confuse me by cribbing how effort they have to put by living together. My failed relationships are like silver lining. I have my lessons learnt and although I would do anything for love, but____:
- I can never be an early-riser. I will seek my silent-time in the morning where I enjoy a cup of tea and read the newspaper or simply take a little while to get going. No, I am not grumpy or in zombie-like state. Everyone takes a little time to wake up every morning, right?
- I won’t give up a night-time bathing ritual. Nothing relaxes me more after a long day of commute and work. A warm shower before snuggling in bed..!
- I will never share my toothbrush. Hell no!! Ick…
- I won’t pick up dirty stinky socks or underwear if your habit is to come in the house and drop your coat over a certain chair instead of hanging it up or putting in laundry basket. I will simply move the chair from its place. If this causes you to think then hang the coat where it belongs.
- I will continue to enjoy my sweet cravings at night. Please, feel free to dig in my tiramisu or mud cake.
- I will not enjoy conversations with “Mm hmm, mm hmm, yep…” while simultaneously playing Angry Birds or checking emails or when you’re glued to your iPhone.
- Flowers are beautiful but bringing long-stemmed roses on self-proclaimed days such as Valentines or on obvious-days like birthday/anniversaries – please No! Peonies or Orchids are even better (if you’re asking).
- I will not be swayed by inking my name on my wrist or nape of my neck or any body part; or ‘wishing’ I get your name inked on me. A temporary tattoo might be fun, if you may insist!
- Getting me a ‘a little something’ because you like it sounds selfish to me. I will prefer something which I like so keep listening on the suggestions which I make.
- I will not enjoy threesome everyday – me, my partner and TV. A quiet evening over a cup of tea or wine and talking about earlier holidays or to plan for one will count as quality time.
- I don’t think a nickname shows intimacy so don’t call me names like babes or sexy or hottie – Hell no! I believe my nick-name (wait for it – ‘Sweety’) is far more sweeter. I will bend the rule if called Sweetheart!
- It’s fine to want to be in constant contact, but give some time to miss each other. Smother me with chocolates and perfumes, not with texts and calls.
- I will nurture my other relationships too. Weekend with my family, close friends or relatives without you is not asking for much, once in a while.
- I will not remember our fights as I suffer from memory lapse. Lucky you, I break the myth of how females remember the fights. I believe in living in the present! Lets remember the lesson learnt and start afresh after each fight or should I say ‘tiff’. Do not “keep a scorecard” to justify current righteousness unless they are legitimately connected.
- I will not find small and petty ways to piss you off. I will tell you what actually is upsetting me and then the ball is in your court.
- It’s really so much about communication. As long as we tell each other what we are expecting or thinking, everything should be fine!
Note: This list is in draft-phase. With passing years, points will be added or reduced based on my relationship with my imperfect partner.