Often than not, this is what starts pushing a relationship to an end, ain’t it?
- We stop communicating but start assuming.
- We stop validating our love but how we frequently inadvertently invalidate each other without realizing it
- We stop seeing we love each other so much but start seeing how we could rip each other to shreds in times of conflict.
- We stop becoming less aware and more reactive.
- We hesitate to take that extra step but never to step back thus creating the distance.
- We complain about space but shrug away an after-fight hug.
- We miss romantic dinners for two but we eat dinner while watching tv at home.
- We start noticing the grey hair but not the wisdom which comes with it.
- We forget the loving conversations but do remember what the last fight was about.
- We put our heart in creating our vows but not so much in keeping them.
- We miss the long hand-in-hand walks but don’t walk our partner to the door when they leave for work.
- We ache for sweet-nothings but often do not realize the ache our hard words cause.
- We long for a passionate kiss but not enough to keep the passion alive.
- We look deep into the eyes not to find what lies beneath it but to find the lies in it.
- We have advice on what could have been done but never what should be done.
- We hear the words but never listen to the feelings behind them.
- We love the feeling of falling in love but forget the feeling of being in love!!