Being an active participant of the blogging world for over a year, the first site which I tremendously started reading was 1000 Awesome Things…and I was totally hooked! No, this blog is not talking about the things which are far-fetched for the normal people but it awesomeness lies in the talking about out-of-the-ordinary things which we often miss realizing while always seeking for something ‘special’ to lift our spirits. Especially when I can smile and relate to the topic at hand.
While cruising your way through this site, I bet you will enjoy the seeing the awesomeness of the everyday like never before. Few will make you nod, nostalgic, laugh-out-loud, unrelentingly optimistic, just as funny as hating them, while some will amaze you how you never noticed it. This blog has created many laughs and snickers at the awesome things that we have experienced.
Few of simplest ‘Ah, this is so awesome!’ things:
- Squeezing enough toothpaste out for one last brush
- Playing with a baby and not having to change its diaper
- Absolute perfect silence
- Waking up before your alarm clock and realizing you’ve got lots of sleep time left
- Laughing so hard you make no sound at all
- When your windshield wipers match the beat of the song you’re listening to
- When the hold music is actually good
- Finding out someone has the same birthday as you
- Seeing a dog or cat chasing its own tail
- Watching your favorite movie with someone who hasn’t seen it before
- Staying in your pajamas all day
- That moment just before you fall asleep when you know you’re about to fall asleep
The author, Neil Pasricha, started this blog in 2008 and since then it has reached many accomplishments: #1 in WordPress top-blogs, featured in various news channel and his books are international bestsellers!
Not to miss his inspiring TED talk which tells us that there is always something positive to hold unto when we experience some difficulties in life.
I am going along, reading this, chuckling at little things, here and there. Sometimes, it’s nice to remind ourself of life’s pleasures and it’s awesomeness from the small things..!! Visit this blog and trust me, it will be worth your while every day..
Celebrate life each day!!