As gross as it sounds…it sure was a fascinating subject when google-ed 🙂
Everyone knows what burping is and it brings about laughter for all ages. Burping is typically caused by swallowing air when eating or drinking and subsequently expelling it, so in this case the expelled gas is mainly a mixture of nitrogen and oxygen. Uhmmm!! Simply put – it is the release of gas from the digestive tract (mainly esophagus and stomach) through the mouth. It is usually accompanied with a typical sound and, at times, an odor. Ewwww!!
Burping etiquettes are different in different countries…burping after a meal is a compliment in some countries while on some, you will get some distasteful glances if you do.
My friend always say “why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it?”. Well, few things in life satisfy like a solid belch. Burping is the only bodily function that allows us to taste twice; God knew what He was doing! 😉
- Paul Hunn holds the record for the loudest burp, which was 118.1 decibels, which is as loud as a chainsaw. (If you are fascinated in breaking this record or simply wondering how to burp…go on!!)
- Astronauts cannot burp in space.
- It’s against the law to burp, or sneeze in a certain church in Omaha, Nebraska
- Burping is a sport. **Woohoo**
- Apple has an app Burp Contest where you can record your burps and submit them online to be heard and rated by others. Really??
For some fascinating ‘misinformation’ on burping, do uncyclopedia it.
To burp or not to burp? – now that’s the question. BTW, What color is a burp? . . . . . . BURPLE! <<LMAO>>
Excusez-moi for this article!!